Claudio Scognamiglio – born in Naples on 1 February 1962, he graduated with a Master’s Degree in Law at the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in 1985 with the maximum grade of 110/110 cum laude
Since November 1, 1999, he is Tenured Professor of Institutions of Private Law at the Law School of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”.
In academic years 1988/89 and 1989/90, he was a contract professor of Civil Law at the School of Economic and Social Sciences of the University of Lecce.
From September 1990 to October 31, 1993, he has been a researcher at the Law School of the University of Rome – Tor Vergata.
In September 1990, he obtained a Ph.D.
He has been Associate Professor of Private Law at the School of Political Science of the University of Sassari, from November 1, 1993 to November 1, 1999, when he was appointed full professor.
After winning the Professorship, from November 1996 to October 1999, he has been appointed Extraordinary Professor of Civil Law at the Law School of the University of Siena. In the academic year 1999/00 he was appointed Substitute Professor at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”.
He has been chief editor of the journal “Il diritto dell’informazione e dell’informatica”
He has been a member of the scientific board/committee of the journal “I contratti”.
He is a member of the board/committee of the journal “Responsabilità civile e Previdenza” and “Il Corriere Giuridico”, member of the management committee of the journal “Rivista del diritto commerciale e del diritto generale delle obbligazioni” and member of the scientific board/committee of the journal “Giustizia civile”.
He is a member of the drafting committee of the journal “Europa e diritto privato”, so as of the editorial committee of the journal “Nuova Giurisprudenza civile commentata”.
He is a member of the scientific committee of the “Rivista di diritto privato” of the University Externado of Bogotà – Colombia.
He is a member of the scientific committee of the journal “Diritto ed economia dei mezzi di comunicazione”.
He is a member of the management committee of the Italian Civil Lawyers Association, of which he is the Vice-President
He is a member of the scientific committee of A.G.I. – Italian Labour Lawyers Association.
He took part in the Strategic Project of the C.N.R. on the subject “I modi di formazione delle leggi”.
He was speaker at many national and international Conferences and Seminars.
He is the author of more than one hundred publications.
He organised the following conferences or sessions of study:
– “Quale futuro per il danno biologico?” (Siena, May 1997);
– “Danno biologico – un itinerario di diritto giurisprudenziale” (seminar on the volume of the same name Prof . C. Castronovo) (Siena, April 1998);
– “La responsabilità di diritto civile della Pubblica Amministrazione” (International Conference of Studies, Siena, May 1998)
– “Concorrenza e tutela del consumatore: dalle Leggi Bersani alla Finanziaria 2008” (Rome, December 14, 2007);
– “La nuova responsabilità precontrattuale” (Rome, May 15, 2008);
– “Cittadino, persona, autonomia privata” (Rome, November 7, 2008);
– “Clausole generali e discrezionalità del giudice” (Trento, May 22/23, 2009);
– “Il danno non patrimoniale contrattuale” (Rome, May 14, 2010);
– “Contratto illecito e disciplina del mercato” (Rome, April 20,2012);
– “Funzione ‘normativa’ della giurisprudenza di legittimità e commisurazione del danno non patrimoniale” (Rome, May 23, 2012).
Professor Scognamiglio was admitted to the Bar in 1987 and to practice before the Supreme Court in 1998. He has a consolidated experience in civil law and labour law.
In the field of civil law, he is principally involved in the contract law, in the civil liability law, in the financial market law (he provides legal advice and assistance before courts to one of the top three Italian banks).
In the field of labour law, he deals predominantly with legal advice and litigation on the subject of collective and individual layoff, transfers of business unit, management of employment relations (transfers, amendments of tasks, etc.) (he provides legal advice and assistance before courts to one of the top three Italian bank).
He was a member of the Litigation Committee of the Senate during the 16th legislature.